RESILIENCE FOR DEVELOPMENT
Assessment Methods and Transformation Practices
08 – 10 May 2017, Johannesburg, South Africa
We are thrilled to announce a colloquium on “Resilience for Development”, hosted by SAPECS in collaboration with the
GRAID (Guidance for Resilience in the Anthropocene: Investments for Development) initiative, and held on 8-10 May 2017 in Johannesburg. The colloquium focuses on methods and practices for integrating resilience as a core strategy of development actions across multiple sectors, scales and regions.
Abstract submission is now open!
The colloquium is designed to maximize opportunities for dialogue and critical discussions and building collaborations between researchers and practitioners. Much of the colloquium will be centred on dialogue and mini-workshop sessions, interspersed with talks to maximize communication between participants.
The colloquium will be structured around the following research themes:
1. Resilience assessment, monitoring and evaluation
2. Creating transformative spaces
3. Urban resilience and infrastructure
4. Indigenous and local knowledge for stewardship and resilience
5. Science-society partnerships for building resilience and transformation
6. Addressing inequality and human wellbeing through ecosystem services
7. Human rights in the Anthropocene
8. Achieving the SDGs in Africa